Skip to main content

Social Distancing 2020

I have been social distancing and trying to stay at home for about a week now. Its been an adventure for sure. Last week was rough and stressful but this week I settled into my new routine and am enjoying myself. Self care is important and when Im feeling good, I have been attacking some things off of my to-do list. I want to try to do some blogging about my experiences just because its so different.

Im living in Florida now, Tampa Bay area, and while the cases of COVID-19 are not too bad here yet, the state of Florida is in trouble. Our governor isn't locking down and the cases are going up and up throughout the state. 

But enough about politics...

Today I woke up and taught online. I am teaching English through an online company where I am able to teach Chinese students. I am thankful to be able to have that right now as many people are struggling after getting laid-off. (If you're interested in getting involved with this, let me know! I'd love to give you some info and give you my reference code.) 

After my class, I was doing the usual online social media check when I got a group call from the family! It was nice to see everyone, get a quick up-date on everyones lives and see the cutest kiddos on the planet :)

Then it was the morning lazy-hour. Idk why but I can't seem to get myself moving right away in the morning... Tyler and I sat on the couch for a little bit looking at mansions that we cannot afford. 

Then I decided that I needed some yoga time. I downloaded this yoga app called downdog which is pretty good and set up outside. I love this app cause you can create whatever yoga practice you want for the day and the music is baller. I chose a slow flow and got into a great rhythm. By the end of my practice, I was in full sun and super sweaty but it felt so good to feel the heat. Sweating through a workout really energizes me and sets me up for a good day. 

After yoga I walked around the house looking for stuff to do but got sucked into Tys mansion hunt again before I broke off to make us some lunch. We had some hummus and veggie sandwiches with fruit. Did I mention all my yoga practicing has made me crave more healthy foods? 

After lunch I watched an episode of this cool show Ive been watching on Hulu called Utopia Falls about a group of young students who discover music from another life and use it to shape their current civilization. Its pretty good. After my episode I watched a LOT of funny animals videos which I sent to a bunch of friends.

Then I decided that I needed to get moving again so I walked out to the porch where we have all of our plants. Usually I can find a quick project that involves them. I ended up taking care of my pepper plants and re-organizing some other plants so that they got more/less sun as it has shifted since we moved them last. We love plants here. I have too many... and I want more!

So after I did some planting and cleaning, I came back inside and decided it was time to order my composting worms! Now is a good time as any to start that! I also did some other online shopping cause I want to support small business... thats right... lol (I also just want mail!) 

Tonight my plan is to take a shower. I know, big plans. I haven't washed my hair in over a week. Ive just had it in a bun for like 3 days in a row. haha. Im saving water and also don't need to impress anyone so, whatever. Tyler is also making dinner and it smells fantastic. We have been eating better too cause we are able to take the time to cook good meals while we are home! I appreciate a man who can COOK. 

Wonder what Ill get into tomorrow?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runners High

At 12:30pm, I stepped outside for the first time all day. I hadn't really even left my room until I realized that if I didnt go outside, I probably would bum it all afternoon. I put my running shoes on and bounced outside. I started walking and after I got myself settled, I started to run. After being cooped up, those first few steps of an outdoor run is so magical. The feeling of freedom, fresh air and adrenaline is fantastic. I always have a mad smile and excitement for being able to move so fast. After my first few minutes of running, thats when the exhaustion sets in. What keeps me going longer, is adventure. Do I like running? Not really. Do I enjoy exploring? Obviously. I decided to check out a new part of the power line trail that I have not seen before and ran up the hills, or on straight path, and walked down hills. I went to the beginning of the trail and back again, smiling at the other people who were also out for their afternoon walk/bike. The sun came out and it

Dear Old Friend

Dear old friend, I think about you a lot. As I go about my day I think about how something might make you laugh or say aloud an inside joke that no one understands. I smile as I remember a fond memory. But then I go about my day. At night is when I think about trying to reach out to you again. About what I should have said or what I should say to try to understand why we are no longer close. I come up with scripts in my head about a letter I should write you or a voice mail I should leave, so you know how much I miss you. Sometimes I get angry. Why did this friendship not last forever like I was sure it would? What did I ever do to be treated this way? How could you just leave me alone? Do you even care how I am? I ask myself these questions over and over. I get mad. Then I think. I think that you must not have done this to hurt me; sometimes people just drift apart. That you probably think about me sometimes too. That perhaps, sometimes you smile at an old memory we share. Gut

Bio Bay, PR positives

The coolest part of our trip to Puerto Rico was definitely the Bioluminescent Bay in Vieques [side note, bioluminescence is a big word, mostly it just means stuff that lights up but scientifically it means 'bio'-life, 'lumin'-light, 'escence'-to put forth. So, life that puts forth light!] It was an experience that I cannot easily put into words. The night started out a bit strange. We got picked up at our hostel at 9pm, along with 5 other girls, by a thirty-something, long-haired gentleman. He walked us about a block to the van that would transport us to the bio-bay. The van was, well, to put it nicely, a fixer-upper. It had bench seats which were collapsing, the roof fabric was falling down, it puttered around and squeaked during turns. Ty and I joked that we were paying 40 bucks to get murdered in this van especially when we turned down a dirt, side street that was full of pot holes. We slowly lumbered along this road for a few minutes until we made it to our