Skip to main content

Someone is Breaking In

Whack... THUMP... thud... THUMP

After my coworker left right at the end of the work day, I started hearing this noise. The first three times I heard it, I thought it was the cats making mischief in the other room. Then It happened again and again. At least once every 5 minutes. Every time I thought it was my other coworker coming back, slamming the door behind her. Then, no human would show themselves after the noise. I was able to ignore it until a really loud THUMP happened and I went to investigate. The cats were all cuddled on the bed, not a cat. I explored the front door, quiet. I turned on the light to the porch, nothing.

I went back into the living room to go back to what I was doing and I heard it AGAIN.

Then it hit me, we just got 18 inches of snow and its now 40 degrees. That snow is sliding off the roof like mad. I caught it out of the corner of my eye. After the thud, I looked out the window of the porch and saw a huge pile of snow before the THUMP.

Standing in the kitchen just now my coworker and I heard some thuds, looked out the window and saw an avalanche of snow. It kept crunching and thwacking and rolling off of the roof for a solid 30 seconds. AVALANCHE! I yelled. It was awesome.

Crazy how we can get SO much snow and then today I was outside with only a fleece (almost rolling up my sleeves). I made snowballs without gloves and helped my coworker build a snowman in the parking lot. Priorities. The sun felt fantastic and I just wanted to stand in it and soak it all up. Its going to be in the 50s this week. YES. I can handle a little bit of snow if its 50s.


Comments

  1. 50s and snow is fun...if you remember you learned to ski in Big Bird Run on a day like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like snow when its warm like that! I vaguely remember that. I DO remember Big Bird Run!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Cake Fairy

Today was a pretty standard weekend here in PA. I dont do much but hope that its nice out so I can go for a walk and explore on my own, but the sun didnt come shining through my window this morning to wake me up. I slept in. After a few hours of lounging around watching youtube videos about history, I asked Cassie if she wanted to explore the town. We decided to take a visit to a local winery/brewery, Stone & Key Cellars, to do some tastings. They had quite the spread of things to taste and we were overwhelmed! Fruit wines and your typical whites and reds, cider and mede! I started out with some of the red fruit wines and Cassie with the white fruits. They were all a bit sweet for me so I moved right into the bold reds. We got four tastings each and shared our tastes but also, the bartender was super cool and gave us more tastings of whatever he wanted! He was talking to us about the local area and what breweries to check out next in our exploration of Pennsylvania. Going to ...

Parasailing at Sunset in Thailand

Thursday was our last unplanned day to explore Phuket and we wanted to soak up the sun! Brookie sent us to Karron beach nearby. When we got to the beach it was a very very hot day so we decided to walk along the shops side of the beach to catch what little bit of shade there was. You guessed it, I bought more sarongs (addiction) and the more you buy the better deal you can get! I also decided that this day was the perfect day to get the local ice cream. The ice cream is prepared right in front of you on a cold plate and there are very simple ingredients, your flavoring and cream. There were dozens of flavors from fruit to candy to chocolate and of course I wanted the Nutella flavor (another addiction of mine). They put your flavor on the cold plate and then pour the cream on top and try to contain the liquid. After a few seconds, the cream begins to harden and thats when they start scooping up and mixing the ice cream. Some of the "ice cream makers" have a rhythm that mak...

Eating Like Crap is Crap

Im trying really hard not to spend money on food as there is so much food here at camp. Its not horrible food but its definitely not the best. So, with me trying not to spend money on food, I haven't been eating the greatest. I don't know if its because of other reasons, but Ive been feeling like shit lately and Im attributing it to lack of nutrients. I dont know how people eat crap all the time and survive. It must be a skill. I was eating alright about two weeks ago but this last week it hasn't been very pretty. Ive been a scavenger and theres been a lot of bread and fake meat and here is how I feel: Im tired ALL the time. No matter how many naps I take or hours I sleep a night, Im always exhausted by mid-day and just want to lay around, sleep and do nothing. Ive also been starting to get weak headaches throughout the day. Or having sore muscles from doing minimal exercise. That also makes me just want to do nothing. My stomach is also crazy. It hurts if I eat som...