Skip to main content

Life on the Island

Ive got a few stories to update y'all on. Enjoy:

A few nights ago I got up to use the bathroom and ice my no-see-um bites. The cats came in to give me company and then the little lady kitty had her eyes on something in the shower. I follow her gaze to see a HUGE cockroach. I nock the cockroach down, Im not killing it, Ill leave that job to the cats. I probably watched them bat around this cockroach for 5 minutes before lady crunched it in her mouth and carried it away. I knew it wasn't dead yet, but the cats had it under control...

Wednesday was ladies night again. Ambers dude, Darren made it back on island after being away for 5 months so we decided we needed to celebrate. So, Ty, Amber, Darren and I went into Red Hook. We had a nice evening dancing and talking. Then it was time to take the dingy back. Darren was manning the front, Amber was driving. It was super windy so on our way over and we were getting splashed by the huge waves. We made it to the dock right as Ambers motor died. Darren had gotten a hold of the dock but because of the strong wind and huge waves, the boat started to drift away. The boy was determined not to let go and before anyone could say "just let go", Darren was planking over the ocean, feet hooked on the boat and hands clasped onto the dock. I wanted to help him by grabbing his belt and pulling him back up but I was laughing so hard I couldn't help out in any way. A second later, Darren was up again still attached to the dock. We all thought for sure he was going swimming. And we all were laughing so hard that we couldn't talk as Ty and I climbed up on the dock and started walking away. Three days later, I still laugh out loud when I picture Darren planking over the water...

The next three weeks Ty, Amber and I play tour guides as we have friends and family visiting. So we have been getting ready for everyone's arrival.  Its exciting to have so many people visit but at the same time, its hard to plan for everyone when they come back-to-back. Shout out to my girl Dana for coming! Amber and I can't wait for you to get here! Also, Jake is coming in April!!!!! I cannot wait for that boy to get here so we can troll each other, listen to indie music and have weird adventures :D

Well, until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cake Fairy

Today was a pretty standard weekend here in PA. I dont do much but hope that its nice out so I can go for a walk and explore on my own, but the sun didnt come shining through my window this morning to wake me up. I slept in. After a few hours of lounging around watching youtube videos about history, I asked Cassie if she wanted to explore the town. We decided to take a visit to a local winery/brewery, Stone & Key Cellars, to do some tastings. They had quite the spread of things to taste and we were overwhelmed! Fruit wines and your typical whites and reds, cider and mede! I started out with some of the red fruit wines and Cassie with the white fruits. They were all a bit sweet for me so I moved right into the bold reds. We got four tastings each and shared our tastes but also, the bartender was super cool and gave us more tastings of whatever he wanted! He was talking to us about the local area and what breweries to check out next in our exploration of Pennsylvania. Going to ...

Eating Like Crap is Crap

Im trying really hard not to spend money on food as there is so much food here at camp. Its not horrible food but its definitely not the best. So, with me trying not to spend money on food, I haven't been eating the greatest. I don't know if its because of other reasons, but Ive been feeling like shit lately and Im attributing it to lack of nutrients. I dont know how people eat crap all the time and survive. It must be a skill. I was eating alright about two weeks ago but this last week it hasn't been very pretty. Ive been a scavenger and theres been a lot of bread and fake meat and here is how I feel: Im tired ALL the time. No matter how many naps I take or hours I sleep a night, Im always exhausted by mid-day and just want to lay around, sleep and do nothing. Ive also been starting to get weak headaches throughout the day. Or having sore muscles from doing minimal exercise. That also makes me just want to do nothing. My stomach is also crazy. It hurts if I eat som...

Parasailing at Sunset in Thailand

Thursday was our last unplanned day to explore Phuket and we wanted to soak up the sun! Brookie sent us to Karron beach nearby. When we got to the beach it was a very very hot day so we decided to walk along the shops side of the beach to catch what little bit of shade there was. You guessed it, I bought more sarongs (addiction) and the more you buy the better deal you can get! I also decided that this day was the perfect day to get the local ice cream. The ice cream is prepared right in front of you on a cold plate and there are very simple ingredients, your flavoring and cream. There were dozens of flavors from fruit to candy to chocolate and of course I wanted the Nutella flavor (another addiction of mine). They put your flavor on the cold plate and then pour the cream on top and try to contain the liquid. After a few seconds, the cream begins to harden and thats when they start scooping up and mixing the ice cream. Some of the "ice cream makers" have a rhythm that mak...