Skip to main content

Sunburnt...

After a long day at work the cuddles from my roommates cats are seriously THE BEST. They are the cutest and so snuggly.

So today was a long, hear, fun day at work.
We started our day at 7:30 am with an adult group kayak and snorkel. The sun was shining bright and I was up on the kayak while they snorkeled to keep an eye on everyone. The morning sun si always what gets me. I put sunscreen on every morning when I wake up but Im not usually in the sun until like noon. Today, I was out with that early morning sun. It felt great (even though 7:30 is damn early to be at work!!).

After our Kayak and Snorkel, I was headed on the sailboat cruise because Amber decided to slice her finger open and couldn't go in the water. It was only my second time on the boat and I guess it went ok. While in the water, It was hard to keep everyone together so I could tell them stuff, but thats alight. We saw at least three green sea turtles and I got to bust out my reptile knowledge!

After the snorkel, we sailed a bit before going to St. John so we could do a guided nature hike. That was fun, I love talking to people about land stuff. I also was hanging in the back of the group with a woman who's son seemed to have a lot in common with me. Talking about myself is pretty easy haha.

But for real, talking to strangers is exhausting... I can't brain right now...

And I got sunburnt. I applied three times but I think it was that morning sun that got me right away. Everyone says they can't see it but for me just getting a little pink is a huge bummer I definitely am a bit red, especially on my nose and forehead. I can feel my skin is a little tight. Dont worry though! Ive got Aloe and Vitamin C lotion that I am going to slather on!

JAKE GETS HERE THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cake Fairy

Today was a pretty standard weekend here in PA. I dont do much but hope that its nice out so I can go for a walk and explore on my own, but the sun didnt come shining through my window this morning to wake me up. I slept in. After a few hours of lounging around watching youtube videos about history, I asked Cassie if she wanted to explore the town. We decided to take a visit to a local winery/brewery, Stone & Key Cellars, to do some tastings. They had quite the spread of things to taste and we were overwhelmed! Fruit wines and your typical whites and reds, cider and mede! I started out with some of the red fruit wines and Cassie with the white fruits. They were all a bit sweet for me so I moved right into the bold reds. We got four tastings each and shared our tastes but also, the bartender was super cool and gave us more tastings of whatever he wanted! He was talking to us about the local area and what breweries to check out next in our exploration of Pennsylvania. Going to ...

Eating Like Crap is Crap

Im trying really hard not to spend money on food as there is so much food here at camp. Its not horrible food but its definitely not the best. So, with me trying not to spend money on food, I haven't been eating the greatest. I don't know if its because of other reasons, but Ive been feeling like shit lately and Im attributing it to lack of nutrients. I dont know how people eat crap all the time and survive. It must be a skill. I was eating alright about two weeks ago but this last week it hasn't been very pretty. Ive been a scavenger and theres been a lot of bread and fake meat and here is how I feel: Im tired ALL the time. No matter how many naps I take or hours I sleep a night, Im always exhausted by mid-day and just want to lay around, sleep and do nothing. Ive also been starting to get weak headaches throughout the day. Or having sore muscles from doing minimal exercise. That also makes me just want to do nothing. My stomach is also crazy. It hurts if I eat som...

Parasailing at Sunset in Thailand

Thursday was our last unplanned day to explore Phuket and we wanted to soak up the sun! Brookie sent us to Karron beach nearby. When we got to the beach it was a very very hot day so we decided to walk along the shops side of the beach to catch what little bit of shade there was. You guessed it, I bought more sarongs (addiction) and the more you buy the better deal you can get! I also decided that this day was the perfect day to get the local ice cream. The ice cream is prepared right in front of you on a cold plate and there are very simple ingredients, your flavoring and cream. There were dozens of flavors from fruit to candy to chocolate and of course I wanted the Nutella flavor (another addiction of mine). They put your flavor on the cold plate and then pour the cream on top and try to contain the liquid. After a few seconds, the cream begins to harden and thats when they start scooping up and mixing the ice cream. Some of the "ice cream makers" have a rhythm that mak...