Skip to main content

Extra Guinea Pig

This morning I did not want to wake up but the animals needed food...

My co-worker, Cassie and I went down to the farm to feed the goats and donkeys, let out the chickens and give some snacks to the animals in the nature center. While we were cleaning, I noticed that one of the guinea pigs was in a different cage. I was in the middle of asking Cassie "Why is the guinea pigs in the other cage?" When I noticed that the two guinea pigs were in their cage... Cassie replied "Thats just an extra cage" But I started counting guinea pigs and in fact, there were three total. I starred at them for a minute until Cassie came to join me and confirmed that there were three total guinea pigs and the last time I checked, we only had two.

After some speculation and metal visuals of a random person dropping off a guinea pig in our nature center, we got a text saying that the extra guinea pig was a school pet that came here on the holidays!

After the feeding frenzy, Cassie and I decided to get some Easter brunch somewhere and we decided on a cheap and easy, Corner Bakery. We got there around noon and they were still serving breakfast but no pancakes, oats or potatoes... so not really breakfast. After about 10 minutes of debate and annoyance to the cashier, I decided on a spring salad which was really delicious.

And after brunch, lunch, I went back home and passed out.

Cassie and I wanted to dye some eggs in the afternoon so after I woke up, I went downstairs only to see that she too had passed out. Perfect time to do some cleaning! Whenever I need to feel productive, I aways exercise and clean. The kitchen looked great after 15 minutes of scrubbing and by the time I was done, Cassie woke up from her nap.

Natural egg dying time. We had bought some red cabbage to use as well as some different teas. The color from the cabbage turned out very bright and colorful but did not seem to transfer into the eggs (we put them in the fridge in hopes that they might dye further) but the brown tea turned out really cool! And for one of the eggs, I tied a bunch of green yarn around it and that gave it a really cool look. 

I don't really celebrate Easter but it is still fun to dye eggs and enjoy little science experiments like this! Hope everyone who celebrates had a Happy Easter!

Red Cabbage dye
Cool Eggs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Runners High

At 12:30pm, I stepped outside for the first time all day. I hadn't really even left my room until I realized that if I didnt go outside, I probably would bum it all afternoon. I put my running shoes on and bounced outside. I started walking and after I got myself settled, I started to run. After being cooped up, those first few steps of an outdoor run is so magical. The feeling of freedom, fresh air and adrenaline is fantastic. I always have a mad smile and excitement for being able to move so fast. After my first few minutes of running, thats when the exhaustion sets in. What keeps me going longer, is adventure. Do I like running? Not really. Do I enjoy exploring? Obviously. I decided to check out a new part of the power line trail that I have not seen before and ran up the hills, or on straight path, and walked down hills. I went to the beginning of the trail and back again, smiling at the other people who were also out for their afternoon walk/bike. The sun came out and it

Dear Old Friend

Dear old friend, I think about you a lot. As I go about my day I think about how something might make you laugh or say aloud an inside joke that no one understands. I smile as I remember a fond memory. But then I go about my day. At night is when I think about trying to reach out to you again. About what I should have said or what I should say to try to understand why we are no longer close. I come up with scripts in my head about a letter I should write you or a voice mail I should leave, so you know how much I miss you. Sometimes I get angry. Why did this friendship not last forever like I was sure it would? What did I ever do to be treated this way? How could you just leave me alone? Do you even care how I am? I ask myself these questions over and over. I get mad. Then I think. I think that you must not have done this to hurt me; sometimes people just drift apart. That you probably think about me sometimes too. That perhaps, sometimes you smile at an old memory we share. Gut

Bio Bay, PR positives

The coolest part of our trip to Puerto Rico was definitely the Bioluminescent Bay in Vieques [side note, bioluminescence is a big word, mostly it just means stuff that lights up but scientifically it means 'bio'-life, 'lumin'-light, 'escence'-to put forth. So, life that puts forth light!] It was an experience that I cannot easily put into words. The night started out a bit strange. We got picked up at our hostel at 9pm, along with 5 other girls, by a thirty-something, long-haired gentleman. He walked us about a block to the van that would transport us to the bio-bay. The van was, well, to put it nicely, a fixer-upper. It had bench seats which were collapsing, the roof fabric was falling down, it puttered around and squeaked during turns. Ty and I joked that we were paying 40 bucks to get murdered in this van especially when we turned down a dirt, side street that was full of pot holes. We slowly lumbered along this road for a few minutes until we made it to our