Skip to main content

Guatemala: Bathroom

11/7/2015 11:56 am
The bathroom views are amazing! I took a poo yesterday looking out at the lake and volcanoes in the distance. Absolutely stunning. I dont mind taking my time in the bathroom with views like that!


11/8/2015 3:36pm
We had a day of exploration in San Marcos today. First the group of girls went to hang out by the lake, Lago Atitlan. It was very rocky, like a cliff-side almost. Not like a beach at all. But we climbed down the rocks to check out the water and it was cool, but not cold like lake Michigan. I put my feet in the water and soaked in the morning sun. 
Its SO fun to chat with all the ladies here. I feel like Im a part of something and they all have such interesting things to say. I want to know all about them!

9:45pm
This morning’s yoga was taught by one of the girls in my group, K. I love taking classes by people I know because it brings a whole new level to the experience. She came around and did excellent adjustments and it was so calming. Can she just do one on one lessons with me?!
Im still however looking for some intensity in the yoga here. Its mostly slow flow and focusing on breathing which is nice for a little bit but I find boring when its ALL the time… I need some exercise!

Lunch today in town was delicious. I had this moist, flavorful falafel. And it was like 4 USD! In fact, all the food here is so good. Every meal has new flavors and ingredients. At each meal, after we do our collective “Om”, I get so excited at the meal reveal! Its always something home-cooked and delicious. Most of the stuff is from the property because they have goats and chickens and a garden. Its a pretty amazing place. 
But, even with all the good food, Im having bowl issues. Constipation station right here! Im not the only one with the issue and I would much rather be stopped up then the alternative…


This evening we had a Mayan candle ceremony. We took different candles which represented different aspects like family, shedding the past, hopes for the future, and such. We all put our thoughts and feelings into the candle (or whatever else we were given) and placed them into the fire. It was really interesting to go through all the different things and think about my life and put passion, re-birth or escape into the fire with all the wonderful women surrounding me. Tis a bit hard to explain the event further than that except the woman who led the experience was such a calm, well- spoken woman who really thought about what she was going to say before she said it. It was a wonderful experience.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Cake Fairy

Today was a pretty standard weekend here in PA. I dont do much but hope that its nice out so I can go for a walk and explore on my own, but the sun didnt come shining through my window this morning to wake me up. I slept in. After a few hours of lounging around watching youtube videos about history, I asked Cassie if she wanted to explore the town. We decided to take a visit to a local winery/brewery, Stone & Key Cellars, to do some tastings. They had quite the spread of things to taste and we were overwhelmed! Fruit wines and your typical whites and reds, cider and mede! I started out with some of the red fruit wines and Cassie with the white fruits. They were all a bit sweet for me so I moved right into the bold reds. We got four tastings each and shared our tastes but also, the bartender was super cool and gave us more tastings of whatever he wanted! He was talking to us about the local area and what breweries to check out next in our exploration of Pennsylvania. Going to ...

Parasailing at Sunset in Thailand

Thursday was our last unplanned day to explore Phuket and we wanted to soak up the sun! Brookie sent us to Karron beach nearby. When we got to the beach it was a very very hot day so we decided to walk along the shops side of the beach to catch what little bit of shade there was. You guessed it, I bought more sarongs (addiction) and the more you buy the better deal you can get! I also decided that this day was the perfect day to get the local ice cream. The ice cream is prepared right in front of you on a cold plate and there are very simple ingredients, your flavoring and cream. There were dozens of flavors from fruit to candy to chocolate and of course I wanted the Nutella flavor (another addiction of mine). They put your flavor on the cold plate and then pour the cream on top and try to contain the liquid. After a few seconds, the cream begins to harden and thats when they start scooping up and mixing the ice cream. Some of the "ice cream makers" have a rhythm that mak...

Hopefully, Im Back in the Game

Ive been horrible with posting to my blog and Id like to take a minute to apologize to myself for not keeping up with it and then the say a little sorry to people who actually follow my blog, and if you keep up with it then... go you! Just a little update on whats going on here and then Im hoping tomorrow Ill be able to write a blog about how awesome my cousins wedding was this past weekend! So, Im currently in Philly working where I was this Spring at College Settlements. I love my coworkers and I love where Im at. I feel comfortable and happy at work, now only if I was closer to the city for my social life... I have to brag about my dude who just started a new job in DC as the captain of an education vessel. He's adulting so hard and Im so proud. Makes me want to step up my game and start semi-adulting. I want to get a job there after this job is over for the fall. So, If you've got any leads... This summer/Fall have been a bit insane, in a good way.  I sp...