Skip to main content

Summerfest Day 1

Amazing.

I was just going tonight to hang and  see some bands, no expectations, but SFest delivered on its first day.

My friend Alex and I got there a bit early so we walked around the shops and the smaller stages. We stumbled upon Five Knives which were like a hip-hop-y Ke$ha. If you know me at all you'd know that I probably loved it. They were pretty fun. Then a bit later when we were sitting watching a local sax band play, the fireworks started.

I never NEED to see the big bang but its always a pleasure when I see it. I got great seats by accident sitting on a table. I always have a smile on my face when I watch colorful explosions in the sky. Then, the white out, massive explosion that is the epic finale. I couldn't see anything for at least a minute afterwards. I love when the loudness is felt in your heart and there is so much going on that its just a colorful mess. Most excellent.

Then we went to find Bastille. As soon as they came on I was extremely impressed. His voice is so pure and the music so beautiful and rhythmic. The crowd was such that gave you space and let you enjoy the music. I felt at home.

The next stage over was Kaskade which was a complete 180 from Bastille. The music was pumping and pretty fun but the environment... There were a bunch of very intoxicated teens stumbling around not even listening to the music. Alex and I couldn't even dance in one spot. Weirdos kept trying to talk to us and I just wanted a little bit of space!!

So, we went back and forth between the two stages. And once Bastille was done we hightailed it out of there. We heard a familiar song by Dirty Heads and then left. We met J-Dawg on the way out so all of us had a bike gang on the way home :)

Now it is WAAAAYYYYY past my sleepy time. Night y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bio Bay, PR positives

The coolest part of our trip to Puerto Rico was definitely the Bioluminescent Bay in Vieques [side note, bioluminescence is a big word, mostly it just means stuff that lights up but scientifically it means 'bio'-life, 'lumin'-light, 'escence'-to put forth. So, life that puts forth light!] It was an experience that I cannot easily put into words. The night started out a bit strange. We got picked up at our hostel at 9pm, along with 5 other girls, by a thirty-something, long-haired gentleman. He walked us about a block to the van that would transport us to the bio-bay. The van was, well, to put it nicely, a fixer-upper. It had bench seats which were collapsing, the roof fabric was falling down, it puttered around and squeaked during turns. Ty and I joked that we were paying 40 bucks to get murdered in this van especially when we turned down a dirt, side street that was full of pot holes. We slowly lumbered along this road for a few minutes until we made it to our

Standing at the Top of Santa Cruz, Galapagos

Today was our day for adventure. Ty and Jake got up extra early to catch their dive boat and the rest of us got up a little later. We were meeting our naturalist in town at 8:30am. Our naturalist seemed like a really cool guy telling us about what we would be doing for the day. Our guide said the hike would only be 2 K which is super short for us. I was a little disappointed thinking the hike would be longer but it'd still be fun! We were also informed that we would be going to El Trapiche which is a chocolate, coffee and sugarcane plantation too! How exciting! I love the beginning of an adventure. We all hopped into a van and were on our way to our first destination, the lava tunnels! On our way, our guide was telling us the history of the towns on Santa Cruz island. And once we all jumped out and were excited for the start of our adventure! We started our walk to the lava tunnels and got distracted by every plant along the way. Our guide went and got us grapefruits, oranges

Cough, Sneeze, Vegas

I'm in Vegas and I'm sick... Yesterday I was able to go to the Mandalay Bay Aquarium and it was really awesome minus all the dumb people thinking they knew everything (and obviously didn't despite the very informative signs posted everywhere...) Today are the Bodies and Titanic exhibits! Ive been gambling a bit. found a few machines that I like and have been coming out even! (yay nickel poker!!) Although, unfortunately I lost my bet not he Packers last night. I thought they had a two touchdown win against ATL in the bag! Unfortunately, no... but at least they still won! Despite the sickness, at least its warm outside... if there's ever an opportunity to go outside...