Skip to main content

Yoga Teacher in Quarantine

After a few harder days, today was much better. I went into work on Tuesday and it stressed me out so much that I made myself sick for two days.

But, back on track today. I got to sleep in cause I didn't have any online classes. I had some very vivid dreams about house shopping and traveling...

I woke up, had breakfast and did my 20 minute sun bath. Yesterday I didn't set an alarm and got caught up reading my book and accidentally got sunburn. So today I set an alarm. No sunburn and still felt great. The sun greatly affects my mood. After my sun bath and a little bit of relaxing, I decided to do my "Fiton" classes. Just some short exercise classes to make me feel like I did something. Im trying to improve my fitness and exercise also helps my mental health. I have been feeling more mentally productive, awake, and happy because of it.

For lunch, I prepared a salad for Ty and I. I love a good fresh salad. We ate outside on the patio in the fresh air.

After lunch, I did some work online. I'm organizing seashells and researching info on them so that we can use them for education programs. After a couple hours on my computer, my eyes started to get heavy. How do people with office jobs do it? I would definitely get a headache  every day!

For the past few years or more, I have been interested in getting my 200 hr yoga teacher training certificate so I decided to do some research on it this afternoon. Because of the coronavirus, many studios are switching to an all-online format. So, I found an affordable class and just decided to sign up! Why not? Ive got the time right now so I might as well. Im looking forward to having something to do and look forward to every day. Im going to be a yoga teacher!

After Tyler cooked dinner tonight, I had happy hour with some college friends online. It was nice to chat with some friends. I feel like I've been so anti-social (as we should all feel lol) so it was nice to talk to someone else. Im also really lucky to have Ty at home. Its like hanging out with your best friend all the time. Haven't gotten sick yet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bio Bay, PR positives

The coolest part of our trip to Puerto Rico was definitely the Bioluminescent Bay in Vieques [side note, bioluminescence is a big word, mostly it just means stuff that lights up but scientifically it means 'bio'-life, 'lumin'-light, 'escence'-to put forth. So, life that puts forth light!] It was an experience that I cannot easily put into words. The night started out a bit strange. We got picked up at our hostel at 9pm, along with 5 other girls, by a thirty-something, long-haired gentleman. He walked us about a block to the van that would transport us to the bio-bay. The van was, well, to put it nicely, a fixer-upper. It had bench seats which were collapsing, the roof fabric was falling down, it puttered around and squeaked during turns. Ty and I joked that we were paying 40 bucks to get murdered in this van especially when we turned down a dirt, side street that was full of pot holes. We slowly lumbered along this road for a few minutes until we made it to our

Standing at the Top of Santa Cruz, Galapagos

Today was our day for adventure. Ty and Jake got up extra early to catch their dive boat and the rest of us got up a little later. We were meeting our naturalist in town at 8:30am. Our naturalist seemed like a really cool guy telling us about what we would be doing for the day. Our guide said the hike would only be 2 K which is super short for us. I was a little disappointed thinking the hike would be longer but it'd still be fun! We were also informed that we would be going to El Trapiche which is a chocolate, coffee and sugarcane plantation too! How exciting! I love the beginning of an adventure. We all hopped into a van and were on our way to our first destination, the lava tunnels! On our way, our guide was telling us the history of the towns on Santa Cruz island. And once we all jumped out and were excited for the start of our adventure! We started our walk to the lava tunnels and got distracted by every plant along the way. Our guide went and got us grapefruits, oranges

Cough, Sneeze, Vegas

I'm in Vegas and I'm sick... Yesterday I was able to go to the Mandalay Bay Aquarium and it was really awesome minus all the dumb people thinking they knew everything (and obviously didn't despite the very informative signs posted everywhere...) Today are the Bodies and Titanic exhibits! Ive been gambling a bit. found a few machines that I like and have been coming out even! (yay nickel poker!!) Although, unfortunately I lost my bet not he Packers last night. I thought they had a two touchdown win against ATL in the bag! Unfortunately, no... but at least they still won! Despite the sickness, at least its warm outside... if there's ever an opportunity to go outside...