Skip to main content

Cuttlefish Sighting in Thailand

Saturday morning was an early one. We all were getting picked up for our weekend on phi phi island! It was a two hour boat ride to the island and so we arrived on the island around 11 and it was pouring rain. We met with our Guide who would take us to the hotel and it was about a 15 minute trek down the streets in the rain. Needless to say we all got wet. One could even say soaking...

We got to our hotel and spent a little bit of time relaxing and drying off before meeting for lunch. The host suggested a snorkel tour for the afternoon which we all jumped on. So we ate a quick lunch before heading out on the boat. We practically had to run after our guide through the streets to get to our boat. We got to take a wooden long boat on our trip with a few other people. The motor on the boats comes off the back on a long stick which helps them to maneuver really well. It also is super weird looking and very loud.

Our first stop on the boat was monkey beach where monkeys were roaming free and were very photogenic. Unfortunately, many of the other tourists were feeding and even petting those poor guys. Don't feed wildlife!!!! But that's for another discussion...

After that, we did some sightseeing around the beautiful islands. If anyone knows the geological phenomenon that made this cliffs and beautiful places, please let me cause I'm curious to know!


Then came the snorkeling. We went to two locations and the first was a pretty sad reef... but we still saw a few things. I SAW CUTTLEFISH!!!!! They are my favorite animal the way that they can change the color of their skin to camouflage so well. They're also so dang cute with their little tentacles and arms! Squeee I was such a happy camper. Still can't believe I saw those guys in the wild!

The next reef was a little more healthy and exciting. There was a cave that we all explored into which was fun. Then ty and I broke away from the group and saw some more interesting things. Giant clams and large schools of fishes. My Ty is such a little fish himself diving everywhere and taking great pictures on his new GoPro.

Because it was overcast (at least the rain stopped!) it was quite chilly as I got out of the water. I was shaking on the boat ride back and couldn't wait for a nice hot shower when I got back to the hotel! (Which wasn't actually as hot as I would have liked that shower to be)

All in all it was a fun snorkel trip and a success... I mean, I did see cuttlefish!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bio Bay, PR positives

The coolest part of our trip to Puerto Rico was definitely the Bioluminescent Bay in Vieques [side note, bioluminescence is a big word, mostly it just means stuff that lights up but scientifically it means 'bio'-life, 'lumin'-light, 'escence'-to put forth. So, life that puts forth light!] It was an experience that I cannot easily put into words. The night started out a bit strange. We got picked up at our hostel at 9pm, along with 5 other girls, by a thirty-something, long-haired gentleman. He walked us about a block to the van that would transport us to the bio-bay. The van was, well, to put it nicely, a fixer-upper. It had bench seats which were collapsing, the roof fabric was falling down, it puttered around and squeaked during turns. Ty and I joked that we were paying 40 bucks to get murdered in this van especially when we turned down a dirt, side street that was full of pot holes. We slowly lumbered along this road for a few minutes until we made it to our

Standing at the Top of Santa Cruz, Galapagos

Today was our day for adventure. Ty and Jake got up extra early to catch their dive boat and the rest of us got up a little later. We were meeting our naturalist in town at 8:30am. Our naturalist seemed like a really cool guy telling us about what we would be doing for the day. Our guide said the hike would only be 2 K which is super short for us. I was a little disappointed thinking the hike would be longer but it'd still be fun! We were also informed that we would be going to El Trapiche which is a chocolate, coffee and sugarcane plantation too! How exciting! I love the beginning of an adventure. We all hopped into a van and were on our way to our first destination, the lava tunnels! On our way, our guide was telling us the history of the towns on Santa Cruz island. And once we all jumped out and were excited for the start of our adventure! We started our walk to the lava tunnels and got distracted by every plant along the way. Our guide went and got us grapefruits, oranges

Yoga Teacher in Quarantine

After a few harder days, today was much better. I went into work on Tuesday and it stressed me out so much that I made myself sick for two days. But, back on track today. I got to sleep in cause I didn't have any online classes. I had some very vivid dreams about house shopping and traveling... I woke up, had breakfast and did my 20 minute sun bath. Yesterday I didn't set an alarm and got caught up reading my book and accidentally got sunburn. So today I set an alarm. No sunburn and still felt great. The sun greatly affects my mood. After my sun bath and a little bit of relaxing, I decided to do my "Fiton" classes. Just some short exercise classes to make me feel like I did something. Im trying to improve my fitness and exercise also helps my mental health. I have been feeling more mentally productive, awake, and happy because of it. For lunch, I prepared a salad for Ty and I. I love a good fresh salad. We ate outside on the patio in the fresh air. After lunch